Fields: youth, poverty, disabilities, ,
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
About the Organization: FLIA cultivates the next generation of social sector leaders by placing fellows with youth organizations to work on youth program. FLIA cultivates the next generation of social sector leaders by placing fellows with youth organizations to work on youth related program. Variety – the Children’s Charity is dedicated to improving the lives of children who are at-risk, underprivileged, critically ill or living with special needs.
About the Position: You will assist with restructuring the Mobility Program, which includes creating a system for the Bikes for Kids program to be more effective and planning for the next year of the program, attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Chicago, IL from May 20-25, 2019 (expenses covered) and fundraise $500 (with guidance from FLIA).
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
Estimated Salary: $575/week
Deadline: March 24, 2019