Fields: homeless, women’s rights, social services, progressive, policy
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that helps poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity and find security in their lives. Today, Rosie’s Place not only provides meals and shelter but also creates answers for 12,000 women a year through wide-ranging support, housing and education services. Rosie’s Place relies solely on the generous support of individuals, foundations and corporations and does not accept any city, state or federal funding. Thanks to these donations, 85 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to services for poor and homeless women.
About the Position: The Public Policy Coordinator will assist the Public Policy Director in the coordination of Rosie’s Place’s social justice work through legislative analysis, research, writing and advocacy, guest organizing and civic education, and administrative support. Reports to the Public Policy Director.
- BA in a related field preferred. 1-2 years of related experience in policy, electoral or issue-based campaigns, organizing, and advocacy will be considered in lieu of a BA.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including strong computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and telephone skills.
- Experience in Public Policy, Organizing or Campaign work strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Understanding of and commitment to addressing issues affecting poor and homeless women.
- Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Massachusetts legislative process and politics.
- Ability to speak Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Mandarin strongly preferred.
Estimated Salary: $36,000-$42,000 and benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance, paid sick leave, paid holiday, and paid vacations.
Deadline: Until filled