Fields: reproductive rights, women’s rights, racial justice, campaigns, latinos
Location: Denver, Colorado
About the Organization: Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights (COLOR) is a Denver-based grassroots nonprofit that is both Latina-led and Latina-serving. COLOR provides a voice on reproductive rights, health and justice for Latinas, their families and allies. We lift the voices of Latinas and empower our community to lead successful, healthy lives.
About the Position: COLOR is seeking professional and outgoing individuals to conduct phone canvassing in the afternoon and evenings, a temporary part-time position from February 25th to March 26th. Canvassers work up to 20 hours/week. Must be available from 3:30pm to 7:30pm and in a Monday-Friday work week. Must be able to work at least 3 shifts per week.
- You must be high-energy, have strong communication skills, and dedicated to the values and political mission of COLOR.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills; must be comfortable speaking with strangers and people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work with other staff and canvassers in a team.
- No prior experience is required.
- Experience in phone or door-to-door canvassing is a plus.
- Political campaign experience is a plus.
- Spanish language competency is a plus.
- Opportunities for a lead canvasser position for someone who demonstrate additional experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Estimated Salary: $15/hour