Fields: communications, domestic violence, sexual health, social services, gender
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
About the Organization: Our mission is to stop sexual violence and its impact through support, education, and advocacy. Our vision is a world free of sexual violence and all other oppressions. We provide free and confidential 24-hour crisis intervention services to survivors of sexual violence. Our services include our 24-Hour Help Line, advocacy and accompaniment, support groups, workshops, therapy, and educational programs for raising awareness about sexual violence and teaching prevention skills.
About the Position: Promote agency profile in the community through social media and other types of outreach and assist the team with production of polished, cohesive and brand-appropriate materials for distribution in the community. Schedule: 20-30 hours/week, at least half of which must be completed on site during business hours (Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.) Some evening and weekend hours required.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: Successful applicants will demonstrate comfort with multiple social media platforms, experience with writing and maintaining brand fidelity for mission-driven content, and experience with graphic design.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness with computer and information technology, including word processing, database management, e-mail, and Internet
- emonstrated effectiveness managing social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Experience communicating with people from diverse backgrounds; Demonstration of cultural awareness, sensitivity, and competency
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with graphic design (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or InDesign)
- **Qualifications Preferred:**
- Comfort working with issues and survivors of sexual violence
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working on teams to accomplish mutual goals
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
The Orange County Rape Crisis Center is committed to fostering the leadership of people of color, Native people, immigrants and refugees, low-income people, LGBTQ+ and trans* people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual and/or domestic violence, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We strongly encourage people from these communities to apply.
Estimated Salary: $15-$17/hr (20-30 hours/week) plus health, life, and dental insurance; retirement investment plan.
Deadline: January 30, 2019
Orange County (North Carolina) Rape Crisis Center