Fields: fundraising, domestic violence, sexual health, social services, gender
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
About the Organization: Our mission is to stop sexual violence and its impact through support, education, and advocacy. Our vision is a world free of sexual violence and all other oppressions. We provide free and confidential 24-hour crisis intervention services to survivors of sexual violence. Our services include our 24-Hour Help Line, advocacy and accompaniment, support groups, workshops, therapy, and educational programs for raising awareness about sexual violence and teaching prevention skills.
About the Position: Contribute to the financial wellbeing of the OCRCC through donor relations, fundraisers, and coordinating community giving. Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: Successful applicants will demonstrate enthusiasm for our cause, a track record of successful event planning and donor relations, an understanding of database management, strong attention to detail, and a commitment to positive relationships with co-workers and community members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness with computer and information technology, including word processing, database management, e-mail, and Internet; Strong organizational, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Experience communicating with people from diverse backgrounds; Demonstration of cultural awareness, sensitivity, and competency
- Experience with event planning and oversight
- **Qualifications Preferred:**
- Experience training and supervising volunteers and/or staff
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working on teams to accomplish mutual goals
- Comfort working with issues and survivors of sexual violence
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
The Orange County Rape Crisis Center is committed to fostering the leadership of people of color, Native people, immigrants and refugees, low-income people, LGBTQ+ and trans* people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual and/or domestic violence, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We strongly encourage people from these communities to apply.
Estimated Salary: $35,000-$39,000 plus benefits
Deadline: January 30, 2019
Orange County (North Carolina) Rape Crisis Center