Fields: indigenous, women’s rights, domestic violence, policy, research
Location: Flexible, Montana
About the Organization: The National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center, Inc. is a non-profit organization created specifically to serve as the National Indian Resource Center to Enhance Safety of Native Women. The NIWRC provides technical assistance, policy development and system engagement, training, materials and resource information, and guidance with evaluation/research regarding violence against American Indian, Alaska Native, and Hawaiian Native women. Our mission is to uphold the sovereignty of Indian nations so we can restore safety for Native women and their children.
About the Position: The Program Assistant position is responsible for providing administrative support to the various program teams of the NIWRC, namely the Policy & Research Division and the Technical Assistance & Training Division.
- B.A. or B.S. preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of violence against Native women crimes and responses throughout the country, especially throughout Indian country and Alaska Native villages and in Hawaii.
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign preferred.
- Excellent oral, written (including copy editing) and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to resolve issues quickly and make decisions in a collaborative culture. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Be a self-starter as well as able to work as a team member.
- Very organized, filing experience required.
Estimated Salary: Starting at $15/hour, DOE
Deadline: Until filled
National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center