Fields: urban planning, health, outreach, civic engagement, government
Location: Arlington, Virginia
About the Organization: The Destination Sales and Marketing Group, Ltd. (DS&MG) is a business services company that operates and manages Arlington Transportation Partners, BikeArlington, Mobility Lab, WalkArlington and Capital Bikeshare as part of a dynamic and innovative regional Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program for Arlington County Commuter Services (ACCS).
About the Position: We are seeking an event and outreach intern with a genuine passion for active transportation and biking as well as a burning desire to share the message with others. The Event and Outreach Intern will collaborate and assist BikeArlington, WalkArlington, and Capital Bikeshare programs with increasing awareness of the benefits of biking and walking in Arlington through in‐person outreach initiatives. Evening and weekend availability is required.
- 1-3 years of experience coordinating event and outreach programs, preferably in a non‐profit, government or business development environment
- Excellent event planning and management skills; Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Expertise with bicycle riding, including leading group rides; Familiarity with bicycle mechanical operations; Certified as a League Cycling Instructor (LCI) is preferred
- Confident and engaging presentation skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pursuing or have obtained a 4 year college degree (BA) preferred
- Experience with/awareness of the Arlington community is a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Estimated Salary: $18/hour, max 20 hours/week.