Fields: education, sustainability, climate change, environment, youth
Location: Denver, Colorado
About the Organization: The Auraria Campus is a dynamic and vibrant higher education community located in the heart of downtown Denver. The 150-acre campus is shared by three separate and distinct institutions of higher learning: Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and University of Colorado Denver. The Auraria Higher Education Center is a separate state entity whose role is to provide and manage shared services, facilities, and property to support these prominent institutions in achieving their goals.
About the Position: The Auraria Campus is looking for a talented Sustainability Coordinator that will develop and execute a robust Education and Outreach plan, assist the Sustainability Officer with annual Greenhouse Gas Inventory requirements, Water Management Plan, Climate Action Planning, manage and develop the student employees, facilitate opportunities for further student involvement, and otherwise expand the capacity of the Auraria Sustainable Campus Program (ASCP). This position will also play a role in project research, various areas of strategic planning, and in developing proposals.
- Bachelor Degree in Sustainability, Public Administration, Environmental Science, Engineering, Higher Education, Event Planning, or a related field.
- One (1) year demonstrated experience in sustainability programs or organizations.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience supervising students and facilitating their development.
- Experience in event planning and evaluation.
- Leadership skills and team building, demonstrated ability to coordinate student staff toward a collective goal.
- Familiarity with program development and strategic planning.
- Those candidates with previous experience working in a higher education setting are strongly encouraged to apply.
Estimated Salary: $42,000 plus benefits
Deadline: December 20, 2018 11:00 PM
Auraria Higher Education Center