Fields: policy, public interest, government, journalism, communications
About the Organization: Taxpayers for Common Sense is a nonpartisan budget watchdog that has served as an independent voice for the American taxpayer since 1995. We work to ensure that taxpayer dollars are spent responsibly and that government operates within its means.
About the Position: TCS’ communications department is looking for a temporary part-time employee to assist with clean-up, data entry, updating, tagging, and archival of press clips and media coverage. This is an ideal position for someone who is interested in learning about or working in an office that focused on policy, media, government, and the issues TCS covers extensively (federal budget and tax policy, national security, agriculture, trade, energy and natural resources, and infrastructure).
Special Requirements/Qualifications: You don’t have to be an expert in any of the above, but being interested and recognizing news while it’s happening is extremely helpful.
- Strong communications skills – written and oral
- Comfortable, or self-starter, with Microsoft Office products (especially Excel)
- Able to work 5 to 8 hours, between 10 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- College students or graduates preferred.
- GED holders welcome to apply with relevant and recent (within the last year) experience.
Estimated Salary: $15/hour
Deadline: Until filled
Taxpayers for Common Sense