Fields: progressive, politics, government, campaigns, public interest
About the Organization: Our Revolution will reclaim democracy for the working people of our country by harnessing the transformative energy of the “political revolution.” Through supporting a new generation of progressive leaders, empowering millions to fight for progressive change and elevating the political consciousness, Our Revolution will transform American politics to make our political and economic systems once again responsive to the needs of working families.
About the Position: The Electoral Assistant will play a critical role on the frontline of the Political Team’s work. The most essential work includes, but is not limited to, writing short political assessments of particular races, answering email inquiries from groups and campaigns, aiding in organizing support for local groups to engage with Our Revolution national political priorities, tracking endorsements, and other political research as needed. From time to time, the Electoral Assistant will be called upon to assist with other tasks as directed. This position is part time, no more than 28 hours per week, and, generally, no less than 25 hours per week. The staffer will work out of the DC office. The Electoral Assistant will report to the Political Director.
- Avid reader of politics and/or background in political science;
- Previous work with progressive politics, labor unions, and/or social justice organizing
- Experience cold calling contacts and mobilizing members;
- Background with Excel and/or Google Spreadsheet (working knowledge of the Microsoft and Google Suites preferred);
- Writing experience.
- Strong alignment to Our Revolution mission and platform.
Estimated Salary: $20/hour
Deadline: January 15, 2019