Fields: progressive, politics, outreach, racial justice, social justice
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
About the Organization: New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organizes in communities year-round for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass-scale voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable.
About the Position: New Virginia Majority is looking to hire a full-time community organizer who will recruit, engage, activate and retain members, develop leaders, build community-based leadership teams, conduct political education trainings, and execute campaign strategy. A minimum one-year commitment to the position. Requires driver’s license and access to a car.
- We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to racial and economic justice to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with grassroots organizing; Ability to develop and maintain a variety of relationships on multiple levels. Experience organizing immigrant communities is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines; able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy; Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and works well both independently and on a team; Ability to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English languages is preferred
Estimated Salary: $36,000 – $48,000 with benefits package including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
Deadline: Not given/ Until filled
New Virginia Majority