Fields: philanthropy, data analysis, research, HIV, qualitative data
About the Organization: Founded in 1987, the Funders Concerned About AIDS (FCAA) mission is to mobilize the leadership, ideas, and resources of funders to eradicate the global HIV/AIDS pandemic and to address its social and economic dimensions. FCAA’s signature report, Philanthropic Support to Address HIV and AIDS, is the most comprehensive study of its kind, capturing data on more than 6,700 grants awarded by 472 funders, in an effort to identify gaps, trends, and opportunities in HIV-related philanthropy. FCAA’s analysis involves collecting grant level data from funders and coding each grant according to our taxonomy. This data supports funders in their efforts to make informed decisions about where resources would have the most impact.
About the Position: Funders Concerned About AIDS’ is seeking a part-time research and administrative assistant to support our small 3-person staff with research, technical and administrative support in our DC office. This is an excellent opportunity to learn in general about the field of HIV/AIDS and HIV/AIDS-related philanthropy, and specifically about key philanthropic organizations and their projects related to HIV/AIDS research, treatment, prevention, advocacy, and other issue areas. In addition, the research and administrative assistant will gain valuable non-profit experience, hone their office and administrative skills, sharpen the invaluable skill of working with Salesforce, and become adept at the systems and processes used to manage a complex data-driven research project. FCAA’s office is located in Washington, DC. Candidate must be based in Washington, DC, and will work out of our offices while on the clock.
The Research and Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities will include:
- Office-related duties, including: general administrative support and documentation, including maintenance of admin manual, collecting mail, processing payments, depositing checks, sending thank you letters to donors, and organizing and sending bills to our bookkeeper for payment.
- Supporting the organization’s transition into Salesforce CRM platform, including preparing spreadsheets for data migration, as well as regular input and upkeep of organizational data in Salesforce after the transition.
- Supporting the Research and Program Manager with our annual signature report, Philanthropic Support to Address HIV and AIDS. This work will entail qualitative coding of HIV-related grant data according to FCAA’s taxonomy.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years of relevant work experience, though other education levels with proper work experience will be considered.
- Familiarity and comfort working with Salesforce and large data sets. Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite, comfort with Outlook a plus.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and focused, with experience & comfort working in a flexible, results-based style. Ability to work & think independently as well as to take direction. Strong attention to detail.
- Interest, experience, or degree related to HIV/AIDS and/or philanthropy preferred.
Estimated Salary: 20 hours/week for $25,000 per year, including 1 week of paid vacation in the 1st year. FCAA will also offer a pro-rated benefits package –covering 50% of a package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability if the employee opts in to pay the other 50%.
Deadline: January 14, 2019
Funders Concerned About AIDS