Fields: community development, youth, education, job training, business
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
About the Organization: YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School is a 12th-grade-only, diploma-granting program of academics and job training for young adults between the ages of 18 – 20 who have dropped out of high school. Students alternate between six-week sessions of academic instruction and vocational training. The vocational training consists of one of an array of programs, including building trades, business/customer service, early childhood education and healthcare. Our mission is to provide out of school youth in Philadelphia with the broadest range of tools, supports and opportunities available to become self-sufficient, responsible and productive citizens in their community.
About the Position: The Junior Financial Analyst is an entry level position and a great opportunity for a recent college graduate. This position is responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and supporting financial reporting and operations activity. This is an important role that is central to the daily, weekly, quarterly and annual fiscal activities of the organization, as well as a key position supporting Operations team. The Junior Financial Analyst has a vital role in our organization and is responsible for much of the behind-the-scenes work crucial to maintaining a well-organized a fiscally responsible organization. Acts 24, 34, 114 and 151 criminal background clearances (PA, Child Abuse, Federal/FBI, and PA Department of Education) will be required.
- The ideal candidate should be an organized, strong multi-tasker, who is self-motivated with great customer service skills and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 1 year related experience is preferred
- Excellent ability to establish priorities, coordinate work activities, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic work environment with accuracy and attention to detail; Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable business need; Ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skill, and the ability to communicate financial information to non-financial staff
- Experience using large scale automated financial systems preferred; Advanced proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel is essential, intermediate knowledge of Word and PowerPoint is highly recommended
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; Good problem-solving skills and the ability to utilize multiple sources of information to determine a solution
- Self-motivated with the ability to apply and continually develop technical skills
- Ability to take initiative, accept ownership and responsibility, and meet deadlines for assigned projects; High integrity and proven ability to handle and maintain confidentiality; A self-starter, able to work independently and as a team, and able to adjust to shifting priorities.
- Strong work ethic and interest in social justice and positive youth development
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 based on experience plus benefits
Deadline: January 11, 2019