Fields: science, environment, education, marketing, communications
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
About the Organization: The EcoTarium is a not-for-profit museum dedicated to inspiring a passion for science and nature in all of its visitors. Set upon 55 scenic acres just two miles from downtown Worcester, Massachusetts, the EcoTarium features interactive exhibits and programming, interpretive nature trails, wildlife habitats, a planetarium, the region’s only tree canopy walkway and a narrow-gauge railroad.
About the Position: The EcoTarium, a museum of nature and science, seeks a skilled and detailed-oriented team player as a Digital Marketing Specialist. Responsible for contributing to and implementing digital marketing strategy in order to increase visitor engagement, broaden audience base, and improve marketing and sales efforts in line with EcoTarium strategic plan programming and priorities. Create consistent, meaningful content on all digital and social media platforms as well as act quickly and gracefully to resolve any customer complaints or criticisms posted on social media.
- Bachelor’s Degree – BA/BS
- 1-3 years of experience in planning, writing and managing social media networks, websites, electronic communications, and other online media
- Excellent communications skills, collaborates well in a small team, self-starter and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building an online network and relationships with a virtual constituency; Ability to tailor message formats and content to target audiences; Able to identify high performing topics or issues in current digital marketing efforts
- Graphic design experience; Experience with paid search a plus
- Proficiency with much of the following: social, (Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, FB, etc.) digital, (Eloqua, CMS, WordPress, UberFlip, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Google Analytics), design (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Prezi, PowerPoint) and video editing (IMovie, Final Cut Pro or the like), one or more organizational platforms (Trello, Wrike, OneNote, Slack, Evernote) and Microsoft Office.
Estimated Salary: low/mid $40,000 plus benefits
Deadline: Until filled