Fields: community development, business, job training, public interest, poverty
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
About the Organization: Philadelphia Works, Inc. connects businesses to a skilled workforce and creates a system of services that helps individuals develop the skills needed to thrive in the workplace. Philadelphia Works invests federal, state, city and privately-raised employment and training funds. These investments are designed to increase the capacity of the system to provide services for both unemployed and underemployed individuals and for the employers who need talent. The result will be improvements in the quality of life for individuals, and in the local economy.
About the Position: The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for providing a range of administrative and contractual services to ensure that contract actions are executed on a timely basis. The services include but are not limited to the pre-and post-award acquisition planning, preparing contract actions, reviewing and evaluating offeror proposals, creating contract packages for final issuance and execution, developing and maintaining required contract documentation on each contract action, reviewing contract terms to ensure adherence with PWI’s guidelines and other applicable laws and policies, communicating with identified stakeholders on the status of contracts, monitoring the status of active contracts, and assisting in the development of contract changes and/or modifications. This temporary role is a a part of a pilot program that could possibly lead to a permanent position.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of related experience or experience with federal, state or local contracting.
- Basic knowledge of contract management preferred; an industry accepted certificate in contracting or commitment to working towards certificate within first year of position is desired.
- Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others and provide excellent customer service; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including strong oral and written skills
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of work; Demonstrated ability to organize concurrent priorities and tasks
Estimated Salary: $23/hour, full-time schedule
Deadline: Until filled (posted Nov 21)
Mathematica Policy Research, Philadelphia Works