Fields: community development, business, job training, public interest, poverty
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
About the Organization: Philadelphia Works, Inc. connects businesses to a skilled workforce and creates a system of services that helps individuals develop the skills needed to thrive in the workplace. Philadelphia Works invests federal, state, city and privately-raised employment and training funds. These investments are designed to increase the capacity of the system to provide services for both unemployed and underemployed individuals and for the employers who need talent. The result will be improvements in the quality of life for individuals, and in the local economy.
About the Position: This position will be responsible for assisting Operations Unit staff plan and accomplish necessary tasks. This position will also work with Operations Unit staff by providing administrative support and will ensure efficiency and organization within the Unit. This position is expected to perform duties with a high degree of independence, initiative and judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) from an accredited college or university with 1 to 3 years’ related experience preferably in the Workforce Innovation sector. Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
- Basic project management skills and/or knowledge of project management principles
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Self-starter and able to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong organization, problem solving and planning skills
- Ability to adapt to change and manage competing demands
- Possess intermediate level Word, Excel and Power Point skills; Working knowledge of Office 365
Estimated Salary: $43,000 – $47,000 plus medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Deadline: Until filled (posted Dec 13)