Fields: fundraising, reproductive rights, Islam, faith, women’s rights
Location: Chicago preferred, Remote within U.S. possible
About the Organization: HEART is a small but thriving non-profit that is striving towards reproductive justice in the Muslim community. In the last year we have seen huge leaps of growth, but with that growth comes the tension of building a sustainable organization while it’s moving 100 miles an hour.
About the Position: We are looking for an experienced and driven manager who can build the plane while it flies in both our funding and internal operational departments. We’ve had large success in foundation and government grants, but now we need to build a recurring donor base so that our future of fundraising is projected and stable. We’ve also expanded our reach in programming with all these new grants, but the systems to support those efforts need a manager to ensure the right ones are implemented in order for us to grow without imploding internally. Success in this position will look like, first, creating a fully functioning and supportive donor base while also strategically building a sustainable development department, and second, ensuring that proper internal reporting and systems are properly implemented, causing HEART’s staff to thrive.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be visioning and dynamic, while also focused and committed to getting work done. We need someone who can see the big picture and be willing to change however needed in order to get there. HEART is changing as we are growing, so we need someone who cannot simply adapt to current structures, but is able to help us build new ones. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of development and operations experience. However, exceptional candidates who may not meet all qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong writing and research abilities; Strong storytelling skills a plus
- Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse individuals and attention to detail; Strong, independent self-starter,
- Demonstrated ability to work with racially and ethnically diverse American Muslim communities; A demonstrated commitment to HEART’s mission and values.
- Fundraising experience or serious interest in learning to do so; Familiarity with grassroots fundraising and digital organizing a plus but not required
- Knowledge of project management and donor databases
- Preference given to applicants in Chicago
Estimated Salary: $40,000 minimum, up to $50,000s depending on experience
Deadline: Until filled
HEART Women & Girls