Fields: sustainability, public interest, marketing, communciations, infrastructure
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
About the Organization: Green Energy Consumers Alliance is a non-profit organization that has been working for 36 years to harness the collective power of consumers to speed the transition to a low-carbon energy future. We enable people to make green energy choices in the most cost-effective, practical and seamless ways possible, and to advocate for energy policies that benefit the greater good. Our Green Powered program enables anyone with an electric bill to add more renewable energy from local sources to our New England power grid. Our community of Green Powered members includes 8,800 individuals and 7 communities who are greening their electricity. And, with our Drive Green program we can offer discounts on electric cars with our participating dealers to help make choosing an electric car easier and more affordable.
About the Position: Marketing & Communications Interns are instrumental to maintain customer satisfaction and growth in our Green Powered and Drive Green programs. This position requires up to 30 hours/week and up to 13 weeks, depending on need and availability. Start date is negotiable but must be by January 14th, 2018. You will work from our office in Providence, and will be expected to travel and occasionally work at night and on weekends. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service to members and prospective customers;
- Assist to plan clean energy events for the public, and represent our organization at events;
- Conduct outreach to new prospective program participants and Drive Green dealerships;
- Work on a team to design new promotional strategies, especially through digital marketing;
- General program support tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Familiarity with clean energy and its positive impact, with a desire to learn more;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, in-person, on the phone, and in a team setting;
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional demeanor;
- Experience in customer service, outreach, and/or sales;
- Dependable and flexible with a strong work ethic;
- Driver’s license and ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Experience in video editing or graphic design is a huge plus!
- You must have permanent residency in Rhode Island, or be attending a RI college or university. Your graduation year must be 2019, 2020, or 2021.
Estimated Salary: $15/hour
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Green Power Intern.” In your cover letter indicate whether you prefer to focus your work on our Drive Green or Green Powered program (see program descriptions above). No phone calls please. Apply ASAP!