Fields: policy, urban planning, poverty, community development, social justice
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
About the Organization: PCRG is a nonprofit membership organization of community development corporations (CDCs), community-based organizations (CBOs) and community service groups throughout western Pennsylvania. We ensure that the Pittsburgh region has one voice, organizing for equity in financial lending practices, land use and vacant property, transit and infrastructure. In addition to its own knowledge and capacity, PCRG utilizes its connections to members, business, government and communities to drive positive change in social policies, services, and products affecting those who live in low- and moderate-income areas and communities of color. Action-focused policy development and implementation is fundamental to advancing our mission.
About the Position: The Policy Coordinator pursues thoughtful engagement with members and stakeholders, while informing the creation of policy and advocacy/education campaigns aimed at addressing common needs across our membership spectrum. Action-focused policy development and implementation is the end goal. The Policy Coordinator translates membership response to policy formulation, best-practice assessment and recommendations in the fields of land re-purposing, transportation equity, and financial performance and empowerment.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy/administration or community organization, or equivalent, required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in related relationship development, coalition building, and project management preferred.
- Excellent research, presentation, and writing skills.
- Strong community leadership skills, and understanding of and sensitivity to issues in the communities and public policy areas; Ability to synthesize multiple viewpoints and opinions; Ability to proactively engage with stakeholders of widely varying racial, socioeconomic and age backgrounds;
- Highly organized self-starter; Ability to manage and facilitate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment effectively and efficiently; Flexibility to change direction and respond to the needs of a dynamic system, yet remain effective;
- Capacity to identify new challenges and opportunities, and formulation of strategies and tactics;
- Self-held high self-standard of performance, and goal creation;
- Maintains and promotes strong social, ethical, and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities;
- Knowledge of database management and geographic
- information systems strongly preferred but not required.
Estimated Salary: $30,000 – $40,000/year DOE + medical/dental/vision insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401(k) individual retirement plan. Additionally, PCRG promotes reducing the carbon footprint, and can provide a travel stipend equal to the cost of a monthly transit pass.
Deadline: Until filled
Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group