Fields: arts, communications, education, racial justice, social justice
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: HowlRound is a free and open platform for theatremakers worldwide that amplifies progressive, disruptive ideas about the art form and facilitates connection between diverse practitioners. HowlRound aims to create a more nuanced and provocative conversation that changes the trajectory of theatre practice—to deepen its capacity for social, political, and cultural relevance in communities around the world.
About the Position:
- Assist with HowlRound communications, including but not limited to: social media, pr, digital marketing, analytics, email outreach, and other items as needed.
- Assist with HowlRound TV, including learning how to livestream and livestreaming local events.
- Publish HowlRound journal articles, daily emails, and weekly roundups.
- Participate in HowlRound editorial meetings, team check ins, Office of the Arts all staff meetings, working groups, and other meetings as needed.
- Hire and supervise Emerson College student employees and interns on their projects.
One-year contract, renewable for a second year upon mutual agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Theatre and/or arts background.
- Working knowledge of the not-for-profit theatre sector.
- Strong communication skills and ability to mutli-task and work as part of a collaborative team in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented, computer proficient, and adaptable.
- Preferred: Experience with online publishing, social media, digital marketing, email platforms such as Mailchimp, and CRM management.
Estimated Salary: Min $26,700 — 25th percentile $30,350 — 40th percentile $32,540 — Mid $34,000 — 75th percentile $37,650 — Max $41,300. Note: Dr. Amy K. Glasmeier at MIT estimates the living wage in Boston to be $29,345 annual. One-year contract, renewable for a second year upon mutual agreement.
Deadline: Until filled; Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and interviews will begin in January 2019.