Fields: women’s rights, gender, civil rights, education, law
About the Organization: We are passionate champions of national and state policies and laws that help women and girls achieve their potential throughout their lives- at school, at work, at home, in their families, and in their communities. We are committed advocates who take on the toughest challenges, especially for women who face multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination and women who are low-income – and we make change happen. We are proud to have been on the front lines of virtually every major advance for women since 1972, benefiting women, their families, their communities, and the nation.
About the Position: The NWLC seeks an Assistant to provide administrative and occasional program support to the Education & Workplace Justice program. The Education & Workplace Justice program conducts multi-faceted advocacy to eliminate and prevent barriers to the success of women and girls in school and to end exploitive, abusive and discriminatory practices faced by women at work. The Assistant is an integral member of the Education & Workplace Justice team, providing critical administrative and systems support to this team. This position supports the team’s programmatic work, which addresses a wide range of issues including fair work scheduling, pregnancy accommodations, equal pay, the minimum wage, sexual harassment, school discipline, and protecting students’ rights to be free from discrimination. In addition, this position plays a coordinating role Center-wide in creating, refining, and implementing efficient systems and processes.
- College degree OR at least 2 years’ college + 2 years related work experience.
- Strong office skills including attention to detail, proofreading, and excellent written and oral communications skills. Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including experience scheduling meetings in Outlook and managing spreadsheets in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and complete work independently. Flexibility, good judgment and the ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
- Commitment to the work of the Center, including workplace justice for women, and educational equity for women and girls, especially girls of color.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with and/or for low-income communities, communities of color, and/or LGBTQ communities preferred.
- Experience with InDesign and WordPress preferred.
Estimated Salary: $44,000 first year
Deadline: Until filled
National Women’s Law Center