Fields: philanthropy, poverty, disaster recovery, fundraising, sustainability
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
About the Organization: Good360 is on a mission to transform lives through purposeful giving. By helping companies resolve the business challenge of responsibly distributing excess goods, we help our nonprofit partners deliver on their important missions. Individuals facing challenging life circumstances get the goods they need and products are given a new life, reducing waste and helping build resilient communities for the future.
About the Position: The nonprofit leader in product philanthropy seeks individuals to join our team. Interns will gain experience in all facets of nonprofit operations while finding reward in creating impact. We are looking for energetic, innovative and hardworking students who would like to be a part of the Circle of Good! Office hours are generally 9-5, although intern schedules may be more flexible. Some hours may be worked remotely dependent on project type. Our office is located in Old Town Alexandria about 15 minute walk from Braddock Metro Center or garage parking is available beneath the office.
Through our intern program, we aim to create a mutually beneficial experience for students interested in nonprofit work. Internships are tailored to fit with your skills and interests while providing a basic structure to ensure key objectives are met.
1) Intern will learn various nonprofit operational processes by attending staff meetings and assisting in key programs.
2) Intern will learn how to utilize at least 2 business software platforms in a nonprofit capacity.
- Assessing organizational work flow and processes
- Supporting special projects across departments
- Providing customer service to the nonprofit network
- Assisting in preparing reports and data for donation programs
- Updating database information
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for making a social impact
- Basic computer skills (Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel)
- Project management or business analytics skills a plus
Estimated Salary: $10/hour, 12-15 hours/week
Deadline: October 29, 2018