Fields: education, social science, statistics, data analysis, policy
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
About the Organization: The Evaluation Services Center provides program and policy evaluation and applied research support for university faculty and staff as well as for local, regional and state-level education and human services organizations. The friendly and supportive environments within the college and Center, as well as among research centers across Ohio, provide an ideal atmosphere for evaluators and researchers who wish to work collaboratively with other evaluation and research professionals.
About the Position: The Junior Research Associate will assist in the development and coordination of research as well as program and policy evaluations in the fields of education, human services, public health, and other related fields. The Junior Research Associate will participate as a member of project teams and contribute to the development of effective evaluation, applied research, and project management plans as determined by the project team and principal evaluator.
The selected candidate will assist research partners from a variety of academic disciplines, non-profit organizations and governmental entities.Responsibilities will include collaborating with program evaluators, graduate assistants and other team members in accomplishing the following: instrument design or identification; data collection and cleaning; data analysis activities (e.g., facilitated discussions, focus groups, and qualitative/quantitative data analysis); creation of evaluation reports and/or other deliverables (writing, creation of data displays, etc.); developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients and team members; and developin g and maintaining efficient project systems.
- Bachelors’ Degree required in social science, statistics, research methodology, higher education, or a related discipline.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in managing large data sets, analyzing data using statistical techniques and software, and reporting data in meaningful format.
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence programming languages, like Qualtrics, Tableau, SQL, MS Access, or other similar reporting tools.
- Demonstrated experience using statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, or other similar tools.
- Academic and practical experience in survey development, implementation, and reporting.
- Experience collecting multiple types of data (e.g., survey, interview, observation).
- Experience working in higher education.
Estimated Salary: $14.55/hour (minimum) – $18.53/hour (midpoint) – $22.52/hour (maximum)
Deadline: Until filled
University of Cincinnati