Fields: elderly, disabilities, social work, Jewish, faith
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
About the Organization: JASA’s mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. Founded in 1968, JASA is one of New York’s largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens. We provide life sustaining programs for seniors and peace of mind for their families and friends. We fulfill the Jewish value of honoring the aging while serving adults of all races, religions, and economic backgrounds.
About the Position: Under supervision of Social Worker II or other Masters’-level staff, responsible for: The provision of In-Home and In-Office Assessment of the social and emotional needs of the older adult client and his family, utilizing prescribed standardized assessment instruments (i.e. PSA, EISEP-PATH); securing where appropriate the assistance of other social work and/or other professional consultants; The development and implementation of a written case plan for the provision of the full range of social services for the older adult client(s) and family. [see link for full list]
- B.S.W./or B.A./B.S. degree, or equivalent.
- Good writing/record keeping skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand English. Knowledge of Yiddish/Russian/Spanish/Patois may be helpful.
- Ability to travel to clients’ homes using mass transit and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients’ residences.
- Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
Estimated Salary: $24.45/hr = $44,500/yr
Deadline: Not given/Until filled
Jewish Association Serving the Aging