Fields: education, youth, design, startups, racial justice
About the Organization: GripTape is a young, entrepreneurial organization driven to expand youth-led learning to thousands of young people in the coming years. GripTape offers a radically different learning experience for young people. We challenge the notion that learning must be adult-engineered and guided, and instead create opportunities for young people to follow their passions — as inventors, designers, and producers. Through our signature program, the GripTape Learning Challenge, we work with underserved high school-aged youth (15–19 years old) to provide resources that enable them to actively construct their paths for success.
About the Position: We seek a NYC-based, part-time Administrative Associate to provide operational support to our distributed team, the youth we serve, and the volunteers who support us. You will join a small, nimble team to provide operational support that enables us to quickly scale our youth programs and adult volunteer communities. You will be part of a team at the forefront of transformational education change to ensure that young people from all backgrounds are equipped with the resources, skills, and mindsets to lead rewarding, fulfilling lives in this rapidly changing, knowledge economy. Specific activities will vary week to week and evolve dynamically as befits a thriving startup, but core administrative and operations responsibilities include: Data entry and tracking; Written & oral communications; Printings, mailings & shipments; Event organization & travel arrangements; Creation of written and visual materials; Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Deep belief in youth-led learning and empowerment
- Positive interpersonal skills with youth and adults from diverse backgrounds; Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Sound judgment regarding confidentiality and privacy rights of youth
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to manage and coordinate simultaneous projects efficiently; Ability to execute independently in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
- Experience organizing successful events a plus
- Proficiency in MS and Google Suites (Airtable and SurveyMonkey familiarity a plus)
- The ideal candidate is….
- A detail-oriented administrator with strong organization and project management skills to execute multiple, highly detailed projects, priorities, and timelines
- A strong communicator who is able to adapt written and spoken messaging to suit the audience
- A creative problem-solver focused on efficient solutions and eager to effectively tackle whatever challenges arise on a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial team
Estimated Salary: $20/hour, 20-28 hours/week
Deadline: Until filled
GripTape / America Achieves