Fields: gender, education, sexual health, domestic violence, women’s rights
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: Cerritos College is ranked 14th among the top 100 schools with the highest Hispanic enrollment in the United States by the US Department of Education. We are a comprehensive community college for southeastern Los Angeles County. Communities within the college’s district include Artesia, Bellflower, Cerritos, Downey, Hawaiian Gardens, La Mirada, Norwalk, and portions of Bell Gardens, Lakewood, Long Beach, Santa Fe Springs and South Gate.
About the Position: The Title IX Coordinator I is responsible for performing intake, providing referrals, and conducting investigations for cases alleging stalking, sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, sexual harassment, LGBTQ+ concerns, and pregnancy discrimination involving students and employees of the District. Title IX Coordinators may assist or conduct related training and programming. Position is temporary short-term, not to exceed 25 hours/week, 950 hours/year, and 175 days/year. Assignments are based on District needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Preferred: Masters, or terminal degree with coursework in human resource compliance, counseling, social work, psychology, gender studies, forensics, higher education administration, law, social justice, or other related discipline.
- Preferred: 1-2 years of related experience, including writing reports, and assisting with Title IX related training.
- Familiarity with applying trauma informed practices to interactions and communications with parties involved in sensitive cases.
- Demonstrated mediation, conflict resolution, or other related customer service abilities, including flexibility, patience, and the ability to de-escalate potentially heated situations.
- Ability to be objective, thorough, and unbiased when conducting investigations. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with campus stakeholders (e.g., management, faculty, students, & staff).
Estimated Salary: $20/hour
Deadline: Not given