Fields: health, rural, indigenous, social services, healthcare
Location: Seattle, Washington
About the Organization: Olympic Community of Health is a non-profit organization that serves as one of nine Accountable Communities of Health in the state of Washington. Under our broader mission to improve health and health equity, we are tasked with carrying out the Medicaid Transformation Project to improve health delivery systems across our region. Our region includes Clallam, Jefferson and Kitsap Counties and the territorial lands of the Hoh, Jamestown S’Klallam, Lower Elwha Klallam, Makah, Port Gamble S’Klallam, Quileute, Quinualt, and Suquamish Tribes. We work with a diverse group of partners and stakeholders including primary and behavioral care providers, community-based organizations, public health districts, and state agencies.
Purpose: to solve health problems through collaborative action. Vision: a healthier, more equitable three-county region. Mission: to tackle health issues that no single sector or Tribe can tackle alone.
About the Position: This position is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced administrative professional. We are looking for a multi-talented, detail-oriented, committed individual with strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills. Duties include scheduling and coordinating meetings and events, managing multiple calendars, note-taking and preparation of meeting minutes, drafting and coordinating messages to partners, day-to-day administrative tasks such as preparation of financial monthly financial documentation and various other duties. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload in a fast-paced environment. Essential qualities include excellent communication skills, professionalism, time-management, attention to detail, resourcefulness, initiative and adaptability.
We have two office locations: Port Townsend, Jefferson County, WA and Poulsbo, Kitsap County, WA. Work is performed primarily indoors at the offices in Port Townsend and Poulsbo with frequent travel between our offices and throughout the Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula, as well as around our region and Washington State. Performance of job duties requires frequent travel A valid Washington State driver’s license, the use of the incumbent’s personal motor vehicle, and proof of appropriate auto insurance is required.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: The Office Coordinator must be adaptive and possess the demonstrated ability to closely follow instruction or to work independently and as a highly-functioning member of a team.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and must communicate in a way that is clear, effective and culturally humble.
- Knowledge of standard business practices in electronic, telephone and direct communications is crucial to this role.
- Must have ability to plan, stay on task, and respond to the team quickly to address needs and concerns as they arise.
- 3-5 years of related work experience OR an equivalent combination of education, experience and professional certification may be qualifying provided the individual’s background demonstrates required knowledge and abilities (for example a 4-year degree).
- Experience with information technology systems, including the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook.
- Familiarity with Adobe Design programs, Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey and Go-To-Meeting preferred.
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $60,000 + benefits
Deadline: October 19, 2018
Olympic Community of Health