Fields: LGBTQ, gender, racial justice, youth, education
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: Genders & Sexualities Alliance Network (GSA Network) is a national next-generation LGBTQ racial and gender justice organization that empowers and trains trans, queer and allied youth leaders to advocate, organize, and mobilize an intersectional movement for safer and healthier schools. GSA Network of California currently runs a network of more than 1100 GSA clubs throughout California. The Southern California office of the GSA Network of California supports over half of the GSAs in the state and strives to provide resources and trainings to GSAs throughout the region.
About the Position: This internship position will support the coordination and leadership development of the Queerdom: Southern California GSA Youth Council. Queerdom: Southern California GSA Youth Council is one of three regional councils in California. The council is a year-long leadership program that prepares 25-35 youth from the region to take action towards racial and gender justice throughout the school year in all GSA Network activities. The intern will help to coordinate logistics, outreach, member support and facilitation of monthly youth council meetings. The intern will assist in developing trainings, team building activities, leadership development curriculum, tools, strategies and materials to strengthening the region’s youth council. This position will be based out of GSA Network’s Los Angeles office. Disregard the deadline on the site – the organization re-posted this to their facebook page on October 7th.
- Interest in and basic familiarity with concepts relating to Genders & Sexualities Alliance clubs, LGBTQ youth issues, campaigns, organizing, facilitating, curriculum development, and racial and gender justice
- Time management, event planning and writing skills
- Ability to connect with and interact with LGBTQ youth of color
- Ability to work some weekends and afternoons
- Applications from youth, people of color, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and people with disabilities encouraged
Estimated Salary: $12/hours, 10 hours/week. Hours are flexible depending on intern’s availability.
Genders & Sexualities Alliance Network