Fields: social change, racial justice, faith, Islam, social justice
Location: NYC, remote work is possible with East Coast hours.
About the Organization: MPower Change is a grassroots movement rooted in diverse Muslim communities throughout the U.S., who are working together to build social, spiritual, racial, and economic justice for all people. Combining best-in-class digital tools with years of field experience, organizing know-how, and an extensive network of supporters, MPower Change is redefining the ways that our communities build, maintain, and exercise power.
About the Position: We’re looking for a smart, highly organized, self-directed team member to support operations and administration and help build our fast-growing, online-and-offline, national social justice organization. You will work with the MPower Change program team (community organizing experts and Muslim social justice leaders), as well as our fiscal sponsor, which provides our administrative backend and grants management. This person will be supervised by the Executive Director. MPower Change is based in NYC, remote work is possible but with East Coast hours.
- Budget Development and Management:
- Work with program team to turn plans into concrete line-item budgets.
- Assist Executive Director to develop overall organizational budget with program expenses, operational expenses, and revenue.
- Receive monthly financial report, track spending to budgets, check in with ED and support project leaders in managing budgets and adjusting as needed.
- Report to Directors with financial management updates.
- Grants & Development Support
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director and Development consultant around development activities.
- Coordinate proposal and report submissions, receive alerts and oversee completion by deadline.
- Communicate timelines, gather and package pieces for review, ensure timely revisions/approvals, and send submissions to funders.
- Convert organizational budget and financial information into funder templates.
- Internal Systems
- Set up and work with internal database to track donors, partners, and vendors.
- Input post-meeting contacts and notes and help with follow up on contacts.
- Set up and coordinate process to help project leads develop and manage budgets.
- Contracts and Logistics
- Coordinate tech requests to fiscal sponsor regarding online donations platform.
- Coordinate and process vendor contracts and invoices with finance dept.
- Track and ensure timely invoices and payments.
- Collect receipts and upload information in to expense tracking system.
- Scheduling, vendor vetting and hiring, and logistics coordination for events.
- Internal Communications
- Point of contact to gather and provide information, approvals, or signatures as needed.
- Coordinate with ED to set schedules, get signatures and quick decisions, etc.
- Coordinate and prep for advisory group meetings, including scheduling and helping to prepare materials.
- Meticulous and highly organized.
- Fast, clear, efficient, and friendly in written communications.
- Skilled at basic (non-technical) project management, setting and tracking timelines. Experienced working in operations, administration, or fundraising in nonprofit organizations.
- Capable with spreadsheets such as Excel or Google Sheets. Familiar with databases and/or other software/apps (eg CRMs) to organize and track contact lists and relationships.
- A commitment to racial and social justice.
- A growth mindset – an approach of continuous learning.
- The ability to engage with feedback and participate in honest staff dialogue.
Estimated Salary: $45,000/year salary with benefit package
Deadline: Until filled