Fields: public interest, computer science, technology, community development, social change
Location: Flexible. New York City, Memphis, Cleveland, Detroit, or Pittsburgh is preferable but not required.
About the Organization: ioby mobilizes neighbors who have good ideas to become powerful citizen leaders who plan, fund and make positive change in their own neighborhoods. We are creating a future in which our neighborhoods are shaped by the powerful good ideas of our own neighbors. ioby believes that it should be easy to make meaningful change “in our backyards”–the positive opposite of NIMBY. ioby gives leaders the ability to organize all kinds of capital—cash, social networks, in-kind donations, volunteers, advocacy— to build real, lasting change from the ground up.
About the Position: This hire will play a foundational role in growing the capacity of our support systems for both internal and external users on the ioby.org platform. For the right candidate, this direct client interfacing role is an exciting opportunity to participate in the evolution of ioby’s team and to support a mission driven, community based nonprofit tech startup while contributing to a broad movement of citizen-led neighborhood development. At ioby, our goal is to provide high quality, inclusive, and consistent customer service for a diverse user base. ioby is a startup: You’ll be expected to bring new ideas, strategies, revise your work on short timelines and bring an attitude of continuous improvement and a culture of innovation.
You will provide on demand diagnostic support for customer issues and technical troubleshooting for ioby’s Drupal platform and connected systems. You will manage and prioritize all incoming user issues through multiple communication channels including project management tools, email, front desk software, and phone. You will be responsible for identifying root causes and solutions for major user bottlenecks using research, problem solving skills, and maturing knowledge of ioby systems.
In addition to managing our user support queue, you will translate major resolutions and pending issues into reference materials for public facing and staff users. The technical support associate will have the opportunity to experiment with new tools and processes to improve efficiency of internal workflows and customer feedback loops. This role will require a close working relationship with the product team to communicate user trends, insights, and feedback to influence future platform changes.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: This position requires an individual that excels in comprehensive problem analysis, software support, and customer service. We’re looking for someone to champion the needs of internal and public facing users by providing on-demand technical support, allowing our sourcing and coaching staff to nurture successful ioby Leaders (external platform users).
All candidates must have….
- 1 – 3 years of professional experience in a related field, such as tech support, software testing, etc.
- Experience conducting regular troubleshooting and/or quality assurance
- Experience creating or maintaining documentation for continuous, ongoing modification
- Meticulous by nature, with a high attention to detail necessary for technical troubleshooting, precise documentation, etc
- Ability to understand a variety of user needs and translate them into system functionality to help triage issues
- Ideal candidates will have some of the following….
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related professional experience
- Experience working with public interest/social impact technologies
- Experience in customer service/relations, retail, hospitality, or related industry where “the customer is always right”
- Ability to grasp complex system workflows and distinguish between user error and system defects
- Ability and/or experience in training staff administrators in CRM and CMS systems (we use Salesforce & Drupal)
- Strong understanding of CSS and HTML
- Experience using front facing help desk software
- Interest in exploring emerging technologies in order to meet established use cases
- Sustained focus on user needs and company’s “bottom line”
- Ability to gauge users technical ability to deliver customized troubleshooting support
- Ability to experiment and thoughtfully evaluate their own work
Estimated Salary: This full-time position is salaried, at $45,000-60,000 per year (based on NYC location), commensurate with experience, and includes a generous benefit package. ioby has offices New York City, Memphis, Cleveland, Detroit, and Pittsburgh, and location in one of these cities is preferable but not required.
Deadline: October 9, 2018