Fields: fundraising, domestic violence, social change, gender, social justice
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: Casa Myrna is Greater Boston’s foremost provider of solutions to end domestic and dating violence. The agency operates three residential programs in Boston for survivors and children made homeless by domestic violence and commercial sexual exploitation, a comprehensive range of advocacy and supportive services, and SafeLink, Massachusetts’ statewide 24/7 toll-free domestic violence hotline. Casa Myrna believes that every relationship should be safe and healthy, and works to end domestic and dating violence through education, awareness and prevention.
About the Position: The Development Assistant supports the Development team with gifts processing, events management, and administrative coordination, and will on occasion manage projects independently. Job responsibilities will include data entry & CRM database management (Salesforce), correspondence & mailing, and researching fundraising prospects. Requires ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and/or weekends as needed.
Co-worker says “I’m happy here and like my co-workers very much, and our benefits are excellent. My manager (who would be your manager too) is very flexible, direct, warm, respectful, and responsive. The organization, from what I’ve seen and experienced over the last three years, is a safe and supportive working environment for people of color, parents, LGBTQ+ folks, and disabled people.”
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, crisis management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work and advocate in a collaborative style with diverse ethnic, cultural, linguistic, and socio-economic groups, as well as diversity based on ability/disability, sexual orientation and religion.
- Promote an atmosphere of respect and cooperation; maintain confidentiality regarding program participants.
- Familiarity with Client Relationship Software; Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Committed to Casa Myrna’s mission of ending domestic and dating violence, and promoting social justice and social change.
Estimated Salary: Co-worker says “I don’t know the salary because I’m not the hiring manager, nor a manager at all, but it would be in excess of $15/hour.” Permanent, full-time, benefits-eligible. Benefits include: family friendly schedule (35 hours over 4 or 5 days/week); generous paid time off and holidays; health, dental, and short term disability insurance; retirement savings plan; opportunities for professional development and training.
Deadline: Until filled