Fields: social work, education, youth, poverty, job training
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: The Archdiocesan Youth Employment Services (AYES) of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. provides over 2,000 less privileged youth with job training, educational and career services each year. An additional 1,500 young people receive referral and job placement assistance through an extensive network of employers and community organizations.
About the Position: If you would like to be a part of a great organization and make a difference, AYES is seeking a dedicated, responsible, creative Instructor to be a part of the team. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct instruction in individual and group settings in work readiness, life skills and basic skills
- Conducts pre and post-testing of clients to evaluate effectiveness of educational services and competency of clients.
- Assists with post-program follow-up and progress of clients to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Interprets assessments and participant’s individual Service Strategy (ISS) to determine appropriate materials for individual education plans; Develops and implements an individualized study plan for remediation for basic Skills Training.
- Attend department, agency, consortia, WIB meetings and other training sessions applicable to Workforce Investment Act (WIA) education and training of youth.
Must have current California Driver’s License; Must have passed the CBEST.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis and/or training in secondary education, adult basic education, English, mathematics, remediation, literacy, ESL or reading.
- 1-3 years of experience with adolescents requiring specialized services, for example tutoring in basic skills, self esteem building, parenting, vocational endeavors, mentorship and leadership development.
- Bilingual, English-Spanish preferred.
Estimated Salary: $15 – $20/hour + generous benefits package: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 12 paid vacation days, 10 sick days and 12 paid holidays, short and long term disability.
Deadline: Until filled