Fields: homeless, social services, government, policy, social services
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: The Policy and Systems Department of the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority advocates for effective policies and increased resources at the federal, state, and local levels and facilitates local planning and systems change efforts to reduce and end homelessness in Greater Los Angeles.
About the Position: The Coordinator represents LAHSA and its investment in the Coordinated Entry System (CES) to the community. Under direction of the Adult Coordinated Entry System (CES) Senior Manager and the CES Matching and Housing Supervisor, the CES Matching Coordinator (Coordinator) facilitates the integration, coordination, and matching of permanent housing resources into the CES for all populations. The Coordinator provides training and technical assistance to CES Matchers and permanent housing providers to support the implementation, improvement, and ongoing management of matching resources through CES.
- The successful candidate will be collaborative and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- Knowledge of complex, public systems of care for homeless populations, including mainstream resources.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and apply them to solve complex social problems.
- Ability to articulate and strategically pursue new ideas to improve homeless systems.
- Ability to establish effective relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations diverse in mission, composition, function, capacity and geographic location; Ability to effectively facilitate productive discussion among diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience with systems change including policy development and implementation a plus.
Estimated Salary: $54,802 – $67,132 starting
Deadline: Until filled
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority