Fields: social work, data analysis, housing, mental health, homeless
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country: Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one; Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever; Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
About the Position: CSH’s Metro Program Internship is a tremendous opportunity to gain experience in the supportive housing field through active participation in day-to-day activities as well as involvement in special projects, as needed. The Metro Program Team covers New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and some travel will be required. A candidate for this role should demonstrate his/her ability to learn and develop professionally within a team environment. Under the supervision on the Director of the Metro Program Team, the intern will participate in a number of projects related to the team including:
- Conduct research and/or data analysis for Metro Program staff on specific projects;
- Prepare training materials and exercises, including revising and updating PowerPoint and other materials;
- Assist with preparation and day-of logistics for events and conferences;
- Work collaboratively with the program staff and Communications team to prepare and distribute media alerts, blogs and other social media;
- Special projects that will be clearly defined with clear goals and deliverables to be accomplished within internship period.
Location: 61 Broadway, Suite 2300, New York, NY.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 14 hours per week for 12 weeks from September through December 2018.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- Interest in learning about supportive housing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills; Demonstrate good judgment and attention to detail
- Event coordination experience preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Estimated Salary: $15/hour, at least 14 hours/week
Deadline: Until filled
Corporation for Supportive Housing
1 thought on “NY Metro Program Internship at Corporation for Supportive Housing”