Fields: policy, campaigns, communications, advocacy, writing
About the Organization: The National Whistleblower Center (NWC), a non-profit, tax-exempt, non-partisan organization, is the leading whistleblower legal advocacy organization with an almost 30-year history of protecting the right of individuals to report wrongdoing without fear of retaliation. The National Whistleblower Legal Defense and Education Fund (NWLDEF) is a non-profit law firm that provides services to the NWC and whistleblowers from around the world.
About the Position: The National Whistleblower Center (NWC) is hiring a Digital Advocacy Communications Coordinator to expand our organization’s capacity and ability to direct compelling campaigns and engage our membership through online advocacy and other digital engagement tools. You will work in collaboration with our team to produce compelling, engaging content for the National Whistleblower Center’s 200K+ email subscribers. You will contribute to our rapidly growing digital advocacy efforts and use digital tools to achieve success. If you have strong advocacy writing skills and are technically inclined in the mechanics of advocacy campaigning, please read on.
As Digital Advocacy Communications Coordinator, you are responsible for three core areas of responsibility:
- creating persuasive advocacy content to maximize member engagement and advocacy support,
- growing our email subscriber list through a variety of efforts, and
- technical and production issues associated with these campaigns/promotions.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: We would like to talk with you if you have…
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, digital advocacy
- Excellent written communications skills, with an emphasis on digital advocacy
- Experience working with email analytics
- Experience with CRM preferred
- Social media savvy—including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Hootsuite, TweetDeck and blog platforms;
- Experience updating websites, SEO, website design, WordPress;
- Familiarity with online social action tools; experience with the SALSA advocacy program a plus;
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop & Canva helpful.
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $55,000, depending on experience.
National Whistleblower Center