Fields: social services, poverty, children, philanthropy, sustainability
Location: Seattle, Washington
About the Organization: WestSide Baby, in partnership with our community, provides essential items to local children in need by collecting and distributing diapers, clothing and equipment. We collect gently-used children’s clothing, car seats and cribs, as well as donated diapers and hygiene products from our community and businesses. These items are then distributed, free of charge, to children and families in need through partnership with a broad range of over 114 social service agencies working directly with families. WestSide Baby has grown exponentially; serving 4,000 children in 2006 to keeping more than 38,000 children safe, warm and dry last year.
About the Position: WestSide Baby is seeking a Site Coordinator to ensure Program Operations run efficiently and effectively during a time of growth by providing facility oversight and volunteer leadership across WSB’s two Seattle branches, White Center and South Lake Union. Facility oversight includes receiving, processing and organizing donations for redistribution. Volunteer leadership includes providing on-going supervision to core volunteers and training groups and new volunteers on priority projects and tasks.
This is a 40 hours per week, non-exempt salaried employee position. This is a full-time role, and may job-share between WestSide Baby’s two branches. Schedule is primarily Monday – Friday with some flexibility to include occasional evening and weekend hours. A minimum availability of one Saturday a month is required. This position will report to the Community Impact Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to organize large volume of items and establish sustainable systems
- Strong leadership skills required; prior volunteer management experience preferred
- Must be adaptable and thrive in a dynamic environment; A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Experience working directly with the public, donors, volunteers, and community partners; Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Ability and confidence to make quick strategic decisions and take action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to physically stock shelves, move goods from one location to another and load and unload products; able to lift 25 lbs. repeatedly; must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with the use of proper machinery such as a hand truck.
Estimated Salary: $38,000-$40,000 DOE; health benefits, PTO and holiday pay available
Deadline: Rolling – priority by October 8, 2018