Fields: refugees, youth, West Africa, communications, marketing
Location: Takoma Park, Maryland
About the Organization: L.A.C.E.S. which stands for Life And Change Experienced thru Sports develops mentor-driven sports leagues for children in need of healing. With Christ as our mentor, and sport as our platform, L.A.C.E.S. champions children to become future leaders. L.A.C.E.S. has mentored over 1500 children many who live in the streets, commit juvenile crimes, were former child soldiers in Liberia, West Africa and Refugees in the United States.
About the Position: Are you able to balance traditional communication responsibilities while engaging in new initiatives and managing additional projects?
Are you are the type of person who anticipates needs and enjoys partnering with inspiring individuals to bring about positive change?
Do you want to be an active and valued participant in the inner workings of an organization?
L.A.C.E.S. is seeking a proactive and energetic Communications Coordinator to support the Executive Director and Operations Director in propelling the organization to the next level. This position will offer the right candidate a diverse and exciting operations role in a growing organization. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with superb oral and written communication skills. 15-20% Domestic and international travel to Liberia, West Africa.
- Execute communications strategy including newsletters, blogs, website and social media.
- Coordinate fundraising activities, such as the annual gala, luncheons and outreach initiatives.
- Build relationships with soccer clubs.
- Send donation acknowledgements to supporters.
- Present L.A.C.E.S. mission and vision to supporters.
- Help coordinate and monitor L.A.C.E.S. refugee program activities.
- Attend program related conferences as required.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist in grant research.
- Manage donor database and provide highlight reports to the Executive Director.
- Support the team in various administrative tasks that keep the shop running every day.
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications or marketing.
- Demonstrated skills in presentations to large groups of people.
- Experience in executing online marketing strategies.
- Proficient in Adobe design software is a plus
- Grant writing experience is a plus
- 2-3 years of previous non-profit experience preferred (editor’s note: not “required”).
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
Deadline: October 15, 2018