Fields: food justice, agriculture, sustainability, education, youth
Location: Westchester, New York
About the Organization: Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is a nonprofit organization on a mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system. We are working to develop a culture of eating based on what farms need to grow to build healthy soil and a resilient ecosystem. In our quest to transform the way America eats and farms, we convene changemakers, educate food citizens, train farmers, and develop agroecological farming practices.
About the Position: Stone Barns Center has an immediate opening for a full-time Educator. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Food Ed., the Educator will provide administrative support for high school educational programs and teacher professional development programs; implement on-site high school intensives; and implement family and visitor experience programs. This is a full-time, non-exempt position; some nights and weekends will be required as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-3 years teaching experience at the high school level preferred
- Culinary and/or farming experience preferred
- A commitment to Stone Barns’ mission and fluency in core issues related to sustainable food and agriculture
- Strong organizational abilities; careful attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Positive interpersonal skills
- Willingness to take initiative, think and act proactively to solve problems and assess priorities, and manage a variety of tasks calmly and effectively
- Fluency in Spanish highly preferred
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $38,000
Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture