Fields: social work, Vietnamese, immigrants, refugees, health
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
About the Organization: The Asian Community & Cultural Center supports and empowers all refugees and immigrants through programs and services and advances the sharing of Asian culture and the celebration of multicultural heritage with the community at large. Vision: Immigrants in Lincoln and surrounding areas will have access to the resources and support they need to lead better lives.
About the Position: The person will be responsible for education and advocacy within the Vietnamese community. This person provides community health education, domestic violence advocacy, and offers support to families who do not speak English through our grant programs. This person documents client interactions, writes, and submits reports to supervisors for multiple grants according to each grants’ work plan.
- Must be Vietnamese/English bilingual in speaking (and writing a plus)
- Experience working with diverse communities, especially refugees and immigrants through volunteer or paid employment, required
- Communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds; Must possess great communication skills including effective verbal, writing and listening skills and the ability to make effective presentations
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate team building, problem-solving, time management, stress management, and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills including the ability to maintain effective working and community relationships
- Experience with documentation and case management preferred
Estimated Salary: Starting salary is $12-15/hour or based on experience
Deadline: Until filled