Fields: social work, Korean, immigrants, domestic violence, psychology
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
About the Organization: KCSC’s mission is to assist and empower Asian Americans and new immigrants to become well-adjusted and fully contributing members of the United States through social services, education, advocacy, and development of resources.
About the Position:
- Coordinates day-to-day implementation of the Domestic Violence (DV) project
- Provides case management/ wraparound services to DV survivors and their families
- Recruits and trains KCSC volunteers serving the DV program
- Provides DV-related outreach activities, including outreach for community resources
- Creates educational and promotional materials, as needed
- Conducts workshops to community members
- The Domestic Violence Project Coordinator is based at 847-J Quince Orchard Blvd. Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
- The hours are flexible and may be configured as part time or full time. Some weekend and off hours work are expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, or related human service field
- Knowledge of Korean immigrant community and bilingual proficiency (both verbal and written fluency) in English and Korean is a must.
- 1+ years of experience working with survivors of domestic violence and their families is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, access to insured and registered vehicle and willingness to use a vehicle to travel to outreach events or partner meetings.
Estimated Salary: $17 – $21/hour
Deadline: Until filled
Apply Here: To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to Pyowook Han at email@example.com.