Fields: labor, health, job training, policy, latinos
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: LOSH collaborates with workers, unions, community organizations, employers, academics, students, governmental representatives, and health professionals to improve health and safety conditions for workers in Southern California. Initiatives include health and safety training, education for low-income, minority, and immigrant workers, public advocacy, and participation in industry-wide research relating to policy issues in California.
About the Position: The Bilingual Administrative Specialist supports LOSH bilingual (English and Spanish) worker safety and health outreach and education programs by coordinating courses, meetings and events; creating, updating and maintaining project training and LOSH databases; designing and translating outreach and educational materials; communicating with workers and overseeing enrollment, logistics and follow-up; assisting with outreach, research and evaluation activities with English and Spanish speaking workers; coordinating and translating the Spanish-language newsletter and maintaining the LOSH Spanish-language website; preparing travel expenses; delegating tasks, managing workflow and overseeing student and volunteer project specific tasks; and contributing to maintaining effective processes and systems throughout LOSH in collaboration with program staff and other members of the administrative team.
- Bi-lingual Spanish-English oral and written translation skills.
- Skill in proofreading and editing user-friendly formats, with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and InDesign. Experience with WordPress and basic HTML, preferred
- Proficiency in creating spreadsheets and reports using Excel.
- Interpersonal skills to interact sensitively public and private sectors, worker groups, community-based organizations, vendors, UCLA and LOSH staff, government representatives, consultants and to maintain friendly, positive, cooperative/team-working relationships.
- Ability to gather and impart information in a professional yet friendly manner in person, in written correspondence, and over the phone.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills to successfully support training, database and evaluation activities.
- Ability to work with staff in order to develop flyers, brochures, advertisements, and articles to market classes.
Estimated Salary: $20.89 – $41.37/hour
Deadline: October 2, 2018