Fields: social work, health, food justice, outreach, social services
Location: Seattle, Washington
About the Organization: WithinReach helps ensure the optimal health of all families in Washington. Each year, WithinReach connects more than 150,000 families with information and resources for prenatal care, immunizations, free and low cost health insurance, supplemental nutrition programs, family planning and more.
About the Position: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) within the Healthy Connections team. WithinReach’s Bilingual Outreach & Enrollment Specialists serve as the first contact point for Washington families and individuals seeking information about public benefits and local resources. They connect families to food assistance programs, health insurance, child development and other resources through the Healthy Connections model, which includes knowledge, screening, application assistance and follow-up. Outreach & Enrollment Specialists work in a web-based integrated database. General Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide screening, information, application assistance and follow-up services primarily via inbound phone calls from families and providers throughout Washington State.
- Educate families about core state benefit programs, including but not limited to WIC, Basic Food (food stamps), health insurance, and child development.
- Connect families to food, health, and child development resources within their communities, as well as other services they may be eligible for.
- Stay informed and up-to-date on program information and work processes; Upon completion of in-house training, must pass Washington Healthplanfinder Navigator examinations within 3 months of employment
- Provide support to WithinReach’s entire statewide outreach unit, including in-person outreach and tabling as needed.
At WithinReach, we strongly believe intercultural competency is critical for our work to be effective and to create lasting change. Diversity in all its forms is integral to our workplace culture and our ability to make the connections Washington families needs to be healthy. It is reflected in who we are, the families we serve, and the organizations and communities we partner with in our work. Through intentional learning efforts, we focus on fairness and equity within and outside the organization. This focus strengthens our organization and contributes to our impact in Washington State.
- AA in health and human services or related field, BA preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income families
- Ability to interview individuals to obtain information, assess client needs and provide appropriate information and referrals by telephone.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultural, ethnic, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds. Excellent listening, communication and problem solving skills.
- Desired: Strong knowledge of food and health assistance programs in Washington State, like Basic Food, WIC, and Children’s Medicaid.
- Bilingual speaker preferred
Estimated Salary: $38,480; $18.50/hour. Benefits: fully paid medical coverage, vision and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer-matched retirement plan.
WithinReach makes the connections Washington families need to be healthy. We strive to be dynamic in both our policies and our programs, providing our employees with a supportive environment in which to work, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement. We offer a flexible work environment and an excellent benefit package.
Deadline: Until filled