Fields: community development, business, government, nonprofits, outreach
Location: Casper, Wyoming
About the Organization: ServeWyoming’s mission is the enhancement of community and the empowerment of citizens through the development and promotion of service opportunities. ServeWyoming gives every citizen an opportunity to help solve our biggest challenges in education, the environment, public safety, human needs, and homeland security. Our new Volunteer Connection Initiative is an effort to establish a single resource and central clearinghouse for helping communities and individual organizations with issues involving volunteer support-related services.
About the Position: The Program Assistant will support the Volunteer Wyoming Program Director (under the direction of the Executive Director) with facilitating the collaboration, development and support of the Professional Volunteer Network Initiative (PVN), which is an effort to establish a network of business and social leaders who volunteer their services, time and money together with service learning students to help nonprofits build their capacity. The PVN Initiative is housed under ServeWyoming’s Volunteer Wyoming program, a single resource and central clearinghouse to serving Wyoming nonprofit organizations and communities, and to increase the number and effectiveness of volunteers in Wyoming. Must be willing to travel and represent the organization by speaking knowledgeably about ServeWyoming and the PVN Initiative. Must be able to pass a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Must be a people person and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize online systems to maneuver and create reports in Excel, and other spreadsheet applications.
- Willingness to attract funds from individuals, businesses, and other potential contributors.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively with citizens in all walks of life.
- Compelling commitment to strengthening the volunteer experience and the volunteer impact on Wyoming communities.
- Capacity to assess community issues with patience, open-mindedness, mature judgment, and imagination.
Estimated Salary: $33,000 – $36,000
Deadline: October 1, 2018