Fields: healthcare, international development, advocacy, fundraising,
About the Organization: Orbis transforms lives through access to quality eye health. Orbis envisions a world where no one is needlessly blind or visually impaired. Through training, research and advocacy, we work to strengthen local eye care institutions, train eye care professionals and advocate for supportive policies to increase awareness about the importance of quality eye health. In programs supported by Orbis in 2015, we’ve enhanced the skills of more than 30,326 eye care professionals, and conducted over 2.13 million screenings/examinations on adults and children around the world.
About the Position: Over the 10 weeks of the internship, the Research Intern will be tasked with projects related to prospecting and research to help members of the department sort existing and identify new corporate, foundation, and individual supporters for future appeals, cultivation events, proposal solicitations, etc. The intern will design a final, tiered prospect list that is actionable and contains specific data and points of contact.
This internship will prepare you for working in the development/NGO sector, by giving you an understanding of working with different types of donors, in a fast-paced environment, and learning various approaches to reach potential funders. By the conclusion of the internship, you will have entry-level skills for a role in development including Raiser’s Edge training, an understanding of fundraising practices for global health organizations, and ways to prospect, connect and manage relationships with donors.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program
- Related experience derived from prior internships, coursework, or extracurricular activities
- Knowledge of CRM systems such as the Raiser’s Edge and fundraising research tools (Relationship Science, Foundation Center, Research Point, etc.) desired
- Online giving platform experience such as Facebook fundraising and Classy
- Willingness to learn new platforms and digital resources as needed
Estimated Salary: $13/hour
Deadline: Not given