Fields: science, technology, engineering, education, policy
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: The American Academy of Arts and Sciences, founded in 1780, is one of the country’s oldest and most prestigious scholarly organizations. The Academy is an independent policy research center that conducts multidisciplinary studies of complex and emerging problems.
About the Position:
- The Program Coordinator provides organization and support for the program in Science, Engineering, and Technology. This position is based at the Academy’s headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for multiple projects within the Science, Engineering, and Technology area, interacting regularly with committee members and other project participants, the project directors and staff, the Director of Events, and with other Academy departments.
- Provide project management for web development efforts, including working with the Program Director to oversee consultants and interns and to coordinate database entry, research, communications and budgeting.
- Provide logistical support for conferences and other events, including but not limited to preparing conference materials, booking travel, coordinating procurement, liaising with conference facilities, processing travel reimbursements, and providing on-site staff support.
- Support the program area’s public relations and outreach activities, including collaborating with project staff and Academy members to monitor policy outcomes; updating website content; and formulating social media and digital communication strategies in coordination with the Communication department.
- Bachelor’s degree
- High attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong organizational, interpersonal, and proofreading/editing skills.
- Desired qualifications include:
- 1-2 years of experience in an office and academic environment; research experience.
- A background or interest in science, engineering and/or technology
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and be flexible to work in a changing environment;
- Ability to comfortably and professionally interface with a wide range of constituents, including Academy members, staff, and the public at large
Estimated Salary: $42,000-$48,000
Deadline: September 30, 2018
American Academy of Arts and Sciences