Fields: education, youth, journalism, communications, fundraising
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: WriteBoston is an engaged, hardworking, social-justice-loving, youth and education focused crew of former teachers, coaches, administrators, journalists, policy wonks, number crunchers, readers and writers. WriteBoston exists to center and amplify the voices of youth in the greater Boston area.
We do this in three ways: first, through our newspaper Teens in Print which is written by and for Boston teens and published quarterly, including an intensive summer journalism program; secondly, through our Writing Centers which are housed within Boston high schools and offer high quality tutoring and mentoring around academic writing, and, finally, through our professional development and coaching services helping schools, districts, and education organizations better serve youth in their development as readers, writers, and critical thinkers.
About the Position: The Communications & Development Associate position is critical to the mission of the organization by assisting the Director of Development with all aspects of WriteBoston communications, fundraising, events, and administration. WriteBoston seeks a strong communicator and organized problem-solver to join a creative, close-knit team, working closely with staff across program areas to elevate our fundraising and communications efforts.
If you love finding hooks and stories, and are seduced by the prospect of trying on multiple hats in a small and mighty organization, this just might be a fit for you.
- Associates degree or BA preferred.
- Preference for 1-2 years of experience in a relevant professional setting.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and visual design communication skills.
- Experience with social media marketing and scheduling tools, such as Tweetdeck and Hootsuite.
- Experience with Constant Contact, Canva, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, SurveyMonkey, and basic HTML preferred.
- A positive, proactive, and creative outlook.
- Passion for supporting young people and education, and interest in working for a small organization doing big things.
Seeking Diverse Candidates: Like many education non-profits, ours skews white and female. We seek to build a staff that better reflects the students and communities we serve.
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $42,000 + benefits: 4 weeks of paid vacation plus 11 holidays; quality health and dental insurance; personal time, sick leave, and a Dependent Care Assistance Plan, and 401K.
Deadline: Until filled