Fields: gender, women’s rights, health, sexual health, communications
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
About the Organization: The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health (CSPH) is an organization based in Providence, RI dedicated to providing culturally inclusive, medically accurate, and pleasure informed sexuality education, therapy, and professional training.
About the Position: We are seeking a part-time Program and Marketing Coordinator to join our small (but mighty!) team to oversee the marketing and logistics of our programs, and administrate the CSPH’s engagement with online communities.
The Program and Marketing Coordinator will be motivated, organized, and detail-oriented, as well as possess strong communications skills (both oral and written) and be fluent in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mail Chimp, etc.). This individual will demonstrate a strong understanding and respect for the CSPH’s organizational values: culturally inclusive, sex-positive, feminist, pro-LGBTQIA rights, pro-reproductive justice, pro-choice, pro-sex worker rights, body positive, kink/BDSM-friendly, anti-racist, anti-ableist, and pro-economic justice.
Screening of candidates will start immediately. Early applications are encouraged.
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, education, health, gender studies, or a related field is helpful, but not required
- Previous experience working in sexual health education or advocacy preferred
- Broad and deep knowledge of the field of sexuality preferred, whether obtained through formal education or direct work experience
- Experience working with Canva and Adobe InDesign preferred; Experience working with Google Suite, Canva, Later, Buffer, Hootsuite, and Tweetdeck preferred
- Previous experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others) for a professional entity or organization strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills; Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, dependable; Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Comfort negotiating payment, drawing up contracts, and creating invoices; Conduct work and professional partnerships according to the CSPH’s stated values
- Ability to be present at CSPH community events; Ability to lift at least 25lbs; Drivers license and access to a car strongly preferred
The CSPH is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage women, people of color, persons with disabilities, people with records of arrest or conviction, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals to apply.
Estimated Salary: $15 – $18/hour
Deadline: Rolling until September 28, 2018
Center for Sexual Pleasure & Health