Fields: law, policy, advocacy, communications, fundraising
About the Organization: The National Whistleblower Center (NWC), a non-profit, tax-exempt, non-partisan organization, is the leading whistleblower legal advocacy organization with an almost 30-year history of protecting the right of individuals to report wrongdoing without fear of retaliation. The National Whistleblower Legal Defense and Education Fund (NWLDEF) is a non-profit law firm that provides services to the NWC and whistleblowers from around the world. Since 1988, we have provided services and advocacy on behalf of whistleblowers. Currently some of our programs are:
- Grassroots Advocacy: Through the NWC Action Alert Network, we are improving protections and standing up for the brave individuals who report waste, fraud, and abuse. Sign up to receive periodic updates and calls to action. Follow the NWC on Facebook and Twitter and be the first to get news on the NWC’s grassroots campaigns.
- Legal Advocacy: Attorneys affiliated with the NWC have written and filed numerous Amicus Curiae briefs in precedent-setting cases around the country. Click this link to review the Amicus Curiae briefs submitted on behalf of whistleblowers.
- Legal Referrals: The NWLDEF operates an Attorney Referral Service to provide legal referrals to whistleblowers in search of competent counsel. The Referral Service is composed of attorneys from across the nation that are interested in whistleblower cases.
- Expanding Whistleblower Rights: The National Whistleblower Center has played a key role in drafting and supporting major whistleblower legislation such as the Dodd-Frank Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act. The NWC is actively involved in opposing efforts to weaken existing laws and pushing for strengthening whistleblowers laws in the area of wildlife whistleblowers, international whistleblowers and pushing for an official National Whistleblower Day.
About the Position: The NWC is hiring a Digital Advocacy Communications Coordinator to expand our organization’s capacity and ability to direct compelling campaigns and engage our membership through online advocacy and other digital engagement tools. You will work in collaboration with our team to produce compelling, engaging content for the National Whistleblower Center’s 200K+ email subscribers. You will contribute to our rapidly growing digital advocacy efforts and use digital tools to achieve success. If you have strong advocacy writing skills and are technically inclined in the mechanics of advocacy campaigning, please read on. As Digital Advocacy Communications Coordinator, you are responsible for three core areas of responsibility:
- creating persuasive advocacy content to maximize member engagement and advocacy support,
- growing our email subscriber list through a variety of efforts, and
- finally, you are responsible for all the technical and production issues associated with these campaigns/promotions.
Daily, your tasks will include:
- Working in collaboration with NWC staff to create persuasive email advocacy content with a goal of maximizing member engagement and advocacy impact.
- Proofreading, loading, targeting, and testing organizing and fundraising content in digital advocacy and fundraising CRM.
- Drafting donation page copy and set up donation pages in our donation processing system SALSA.
- Growing email subscriber list through joint actions, cross promotions, and petition platforms.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on email advocacy metrics.
- Designing and running tests to improve the performance of our email program.
- Troubleshooting technical problems in digital advocacy and fundraising CRM.
- Assisting to maintain and update websites; Posting on NWC’s social media platforms and blog.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: We would like to talk with you if you have…
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, digital advocacy
- Excellent written communications skills, with an emphasis on digital advocacy
- Experience working with email analytics
- Experience with CRM preferred
- Social media savvy—including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Hootsuite, TweetDeck and blog platforms;
- Experience updating websites, SEO, website design, WordPress;
- Familiarity with online social action tools; experience with the SALSA advocacy program a plus;
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop & Canva helpful.
To be successful in this job, you must be exceptional in these areas: Relationship-building; Attention/Memory to detail; Flexibility; Multi-tasking & prioritizing; Team-builder and -player; Confident in approaching technical or detailed work; Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $55,000, depending on experience.
Apply Here: Send resume, transcript, cover letter, and a short writing sample that is relevant to the position to email@example.com.