Fields: urban planning, geography, data analysis, economic development, GIS
Location: Queens, NYC
About the Organization: Long Island City Partnership (LICP) is the neighborhood development organization for Long Island City. Our mission is to advocate for economic development that benefits the area’s industrial, commercial, tech, cultural, tourism, and residential sectors. The goal is to attract new businesses to LIC, retain those already here, welcome new residents and visitors, and promote a vibrant and authentic mixed-use community.
About the Position: The Long Island City Partnership seeks an intern with real estate or urban planning experience to support the work of the Department of Planning and Development. The Development intern will have the opportunity to assist with research and analysis of real estate development, neighborhood information such as demographics, and possible fieldwork to inform streetscape enhancements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; Excellent data entry and analysis skills; Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with geo-spatial analysis and data visualization
- Familiarity with mapping software, including ArcGIS and QGIS, preferred
- Some experience using public data sources such as US Census, NYC Department of Buildings filings, NYC Tax Maps and Department of Finance property information
- Interest in real estate, urban planning, economic or community development, data collection
- Currently enrolled in Graduate level coursework or equivalent work experience preferred
Estimated Salary: $15/hour, 20 hours/week maximum, September – December 2018.
Deadline: Until filled – September start date
Long Island City Partnership