Fields: environment, health, racial justice, fundraising, communications
Location: Oakland, California
About the Organization: For 25 years, the Rose Foundation has supported grassroots initiatives that inspire community action to protect the environment, community health, and people’s rights. Our community-based grantmaking approach has earned national recognition, and our advocacy and educational programs have helped save the Headwaters Forest, build the green investing movement, and train the next generation of environmental justice leaders.
About the Position: The Interim Development and Communications Assistant will play an essential role in supporting all fundraising and communications/marketing at the Rose Foundation. In addition to regular communications/marketing and fundraising activities, during the time of this position s/he will provide direct support for two major activities:
- the Rose Foundation’s 25th Birthday Bash and Film Fest, our big annual event held in Oakland on October 11th, and
- our end of year fundraising campaign. This position reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with all departments to ensure fundraising and communications tasks, deliverables, and deadlines are being met.
The position is 24 – 32 hrs/week, start immediately, end date January 18, 2019 (possibility of extension).
Special Requirements/Qualifications: The ideal candidate cares deeply about environmental conservation and social justice. S/he has at least some experience and a very strong interest in nonprofit fundraising and/or communications. S/he is an organized multi-tasker who has excellent attention to detail and can manage time and priorities well. S/he has strong writing and communication skills, and understands the crucial role of fundraising, communications, and engaging storytelling in building/ maintaining a broad base of support and ensuring a thriving organization.
- BA/BS or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated advanced level experience in Financial Edge or similar financial software and Raiser’s Edge or other donor database software strongly preferred.
- High proficiency in Excel required; Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze and synthesize information to create accurate reports and lists.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. High degree of focus and attention to detail.
- 1‐3 years of accounting experience, preferably working in the nonprofit environment.
- Non‐profit experience incorporating collaboration with Philanthropy functions is desirable.
Estimated Salary: $18 – 20/hr, 24-32 hours/week